The girls and I went for our WIC appointment today, and I had no idea how much it was going to entail - I am glad I brought a bottle for Ana, b/c we got there at 1:20 and didn't leave until 3 - that is a long time to deal with Haley and Ana, just so you know. Haley had to get the finger stick for a lead check - that wasn't pretty. Anyway, we celebrated tonight by going to the GROCERY!!! YAY!!! With formula we spent 120 bucks and only paid for 23 dollars of it - very nice. We get all kinds of stuff so it is really going to help. It was funny b/c I didn't know how the WIC checks worked and all, so they rang up ALL my groceries and then I gave them the vouchers, and they told me they had to do four separate "ring-ups", one for each different check and then one for my stuff that I was paying for - it is hard to explain but suffice it to say that they had to take EVERYTHING out of the bags - anyway, when I realized my error, I turned to the lady behind me in line, who looked like a nice classy mom type, and told her that she may want to switch lines since this would probably take a while. She just glared at me. Five solid minutes later, she yelled at the lady helping my cashier (mine was new) "Hey, maybe YOU could check ME out??" And the lady said that she had to help the new girl. Two minutes later she yells out "I can't wait on this anymore, this is RIDICULOUS!" and smashes me to the checkout lane thing with her cart as she forces her way by, huffing and puffing with righteous indignation, leaving all of her groceries behind. Ha ha ha. I guess I have to accept that I am a low class government sucking spawn now, and high class women have no respect for low lifes like me. It was pretty hilarious though to see her lack of logic, leaving behind what looked to be about 45 minutes worth of grocery shopping. The bag boy was hilarious - he says, "Well, she'll be hungry tonight!"
Exercising with Dad and enjoying her mini slinky. Ok, some of you had some, uh, interesting name choices for our new little one. We will have an ultrasound before Christmas, so then we can start narrowing it down, but does anyone have some REAL ideas? We like short uncomplicated names with meaning. We don't like names that remind us of lousy people or strange celebrities, and none of those weird new names that people our age are naming their kids, like "Christman" or something. (That is a real name - I know a little girl AND a little boy named that. It is pronounced like Christmas, only not.) So yeah, give us some ideas. Does anyone like "Paul"? Is that too old sounding? What about Ana for a girl? Hmmm...
when Hannah and Jared were very small--we were on the WIC program--but then in Mississippi--you went to a warehouse once a month and picked up a box with food in it--I think if you needed formula you could get it--but the box usually had
ReplyDeletepowdered milk
canned milk
5 lb block of american cheese
cereal of some sort
usually peanut butter
and bags of powdered eggs--
and maybe other stuff
YUM!--but we were thankful--it was a big help.
I'm sorry that woman tried to hurt you--
ReplyDelete--by the way--
Welcome to the world of WIC. I'm right there with ya baby.
ReplyDeleteThat's totally WIC-ked! (Hope you've seen The Incredibles.) Yeah, it's not like you didn't warn the lady. Maybe that was her favorite bag boy?
ReplyDeleteNow you are offically a tax paying recipient, so enjoy all the benefits, you deserve them. Who knows the classy looking Mom may one day find herself in the same line doing the same thing.
ReplyDeleteHa Ha! As a seasoned cashier from my many years at Old Navy - that is the kind of thing that always made me chuckle. What a ridiculous woman. I mean if you can't wait in line for an extra 5 or 10 minutes than you really have no business trying to be out grocery shopping anyway. It's like going out to eat and not accounting for the tip in your budget. Or why not just go to another line? Anyway, those types of encounters provide bored-out-of-their-minds chashiers with lots of laughs for the rest of the day. I know.
ReplyDeleteI get all of Brady's formula for free too...it's super nice. I couldn't have fed him if I didn't have WIC...well, maybe I could have...but I would have had to give up stuff like milk, eggs, peanut butter...
ReplyDeleteway to go laura!!! i agree with anne, i too cashiered many years...people are hilarious and retartded.
ReplyDeletei remember them days, mama! ;-)