Skip to main content

Name Ideas Please



Exercising with Dad and enjoying her mini slinky.

Ok, some of you had some, uh, interesting name choices for our new little one. We will have an ultrasound before Christmas, so then we can start narrowing it down, but does anyone have some REAL ideas? We like short uncomplicated names with meaning. We don't like names that remind us of lousy people or strange celebrities, and none of those weird new names that people our age are naming their kids, like "Christman" or something. (That is a real name - I know a little girl AND a little boy named that. It is pronounced like Christmas, only not.) So yeah, give us some ideas. Does anyone like "Paul"? Is that too old sounding? What about Ana for a girl? Hmmm...

Comments

  1. Okay--here are some names of some great children I know--Luke, Jedd, Greta,--we picked Jared's name from a concordance: > ) I think Ana is nice--people will misspell it--but who cares?
    I'll be on the lookout for more--
    IF you use a name I suggest--Do I get a PRIZE?! I think the winner should get a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul is nice for a big person, but they only children I've know named Paul all ended up with the nickname "Paulie" which sounds just like "Polly". Do you have some sort of nickname, besides that?

    Ana is cute, it seems to be popular in our neck of the woods right now, along with Ava, I think it's a really good name. What would a middle name be? Something long or short? I like it. What about Jane (Jayne, Jaine)? (I keep having people ask me that name about our baby.) Or I remember your mom saying she really likes Claire or Clara. Or I really like Micah for a girl or boy, I've known both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:03 AM

    I have loved all the sharing of name ideals, but it comes down to - What you and Matt feels will suit your baby. Ana is sweet and I like it, Paul is not my favorite, to old. Micah I like alot. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey what about all the great hippie names out there: Rivers or Forest for a boy and Sunny or Rain (or Rayn) for a girl? I still like Canaan for a boy and all the last name sounding first names for girls: Taylor, Madison, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of more last night. What about Ali, Ally, Allie. Oh, and I looked up Jane and it means "God's Grace" Noah or Neil for a boy? I like Neil because I've only know one person with that name and he was a really good guy. Oh, and the name I love, but Joel won't let me have a child with this name (for a girl) Morgan (it reminds me of Anne of Avonlea).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Ana and Morgan. It's so tough to decide. What about Neomi for a girl or Hannah. I kinda lean towards the biblical classics for girls and boys. I love the name Luke and Will(William). There's a little boy at our church named Ford and it's so cute to call him that. Ok my head is spinning, but if I think of more I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley mentioned Jane--I had thought of that--Like Jane austen--it used to be such a common name--but you don't meet any babies named that now--That would be simple and kind of neat. When we picked Hannah I didn't know any hannahs and now they are all over the place.
    Again--Is there a PRIZE?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane is a pretty hot name---in answer tom your question, paul is a great name! i mean seriously, he was such a bold writer!

    i think ellen or ella are cute for girls. Jane Ellen or Ella Jane
    ...no ella jane sounds too countryfied maybe...

    Jackson is cool for a boy. how about Quincy or Davis....Luke, Andrew Tyler sounds pretty cool...gosh, i don't know, i have names in a tiny notebook for if i EVER have children...you would probably hate them all....except Jude was one though, funny huh!?! joel & ashley beat me to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Laura!

    For girls I like: Lucy,Lavender,Kyrie(pronounced "Keer-E"),Sophia -- to name a few:) I like Jack,and Asher for boy's names. (But everyone I've talked to hates the name Asher so I doubt I'll ever have an Asher. And I don't think you would like the name anyway, but oh well!)

    p.s. Ashley told me about the name Rhys, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooohhhh!
    I like Hannah, especially with one already named Haley. Haley and Hannah. On the other hand, too many "hhh" sounds. Jane is a nice contrast to the Haley "sound".
    I like Jackson for a boy name, but would you not think of me all the time ;-) Thought about Isiah?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:35 PM

    WELL FOR A GIRL I WOULD HAVE TO GO WITH HANNAH ITS BEAUTIFUL AND FOR A BOY I LIKE OWEN, LUKE, OR ETHAN
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy thanksgiving loveley tylers! love you!

    xoxo
    hannahrose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GRAND PRIZE

Ok, we decided - if we pick the name you suggested, you will receive... 1) an autographed portrait of Haley (we realize that isn't very relevant, but we have some extras - ha ha!) 2) the honor of setting up a trust fund for the new baby, minimum starting amount $500 3) a call on the first day the new baby says his/her name 4) a shout out on the BLOG!!! YESSSSS!!! We are of course extremely generous - please don't be astounded by the magnitude of these prizes. Good luck everyone!!

Baby Names

Just in case it is a girl, which we are actually pretty sure it will be, here are some options we are thinking about - let us know what you think. These are our top five. 1) Maude 2) Hortense 3) Magda 4) Dorcas 5) Zipporah